Here you will find real-time traffic information, planned services changes and information about travelling during the pandemic.
Real-time traffic information
Below you will find real-time traffic information for Snälltåget domestic rail services. For Berlin, Hamburg and Høje Taastrup, please see the Departure boards at the stations.
Storlien → MalmöTrain 3921
Ringsted → Stockholm CTrain 3940
Stockholm C → MalmöTrain 3941
Malmö → Stockholm CTrain 3942
Stockholm C → RingstedTrain 3943
Track and deviations are preliminary and may change.
Planned service changes
Here you will find information about future traffic changes. For ongoing traffic disruptions of more than 30 minutes, we will send you and SMS-updated to the mobile phone number that we have in your booking.
Train 300/301 "Stockholm-Berlin"
Berlin Gesundbrunnen as orgin or destination instead of Berlin Hbf
Due to track works, the train will arrive and depart at Berlin Gesundbrunnen instead of Berlin Hbf on the dates below:
Train 301 will arrival at Berlin Gesundbrunnen (departure date from Sweden and Denmark): 18.7 - 23.7, 25.7 - 29.7, 15.9, 22.9, 29.9, 15.10, 17.10, 20.10, 22.10, 24.10, 27.10, 29.10, 31.10 and 3.11 - 5.11.
Train 300 will depart from Berlin Gesundbrunnen: 28.6 - 31.7, 2-5.8, 10.9, 15.9, 17.9, 22.9, 24.9, 26.9, 29.9, 1.10, 3.10, 23.10, 30.10 and 3.11.
Track works in Denmark
During the period July 24 - August 1, all traffic that needs to pass Slagelse station in Denmark is cancelled due to rebuilding of the yard. The train is replaced by a bus serivce beteween Ringsted - Korsör and vice versa (about 35-40 minutes bus ride). There are only saloon coaches on the Stockholm - Ringsted route and vice versa during this period. July 23 is also affected by the track work with a departure time from Malmö at 17.56 and Høje Taastrup at 18.56.
Below you could se the bus stops in Korsör and Ringsted and the way to and from the platforms. In Höje Taastrup the buses departs from the Touristbuses stop marked below.
During Saturday November 6th 13.00 - November 7th 12.00, the Öresundsbridge is closed for railway traffic and bus service will replace train 301 Malmö - Roskilde November 6th and train 300 Roskilde - Malmö November 7th.
Changes for those traveling from Berlin to Stockholm
If you made an earily booking and have booked a Private Compartment in coach 217 from Berlin, you will instead have the same compartment in coach 222. This applies to travelers traveling north of Malmö.
If you travel in the price level Seat, Seat Togheter and Recliner Seat/Seat Comfort and are going to travel to a station north of Malmö, you must change train in Malmö (07.40 - 09.19) even if you have a Ticket as a direct train. There is a new coach with the same coach number and seating from Malmö in the train that departs 9.19 with destination Stockholm.
Information about the coronavirus
Latest update on 17/07/2021
Below you will find our latest information on how the corona virus affects your journey with Snälltåget.
Reebooking, canceelaton or refund - see Frequently Asked Qeustions.
Can I travel?
Snälltåget continues the follow the latest advice from governments and public health officials and how the situation develops at our destinations. If the advice from the authorities changes, we will of course make changes accordingly.
If you have a trip planned and feel cold or flu-like symptoms, stay home and avoid meeting other people than the ones you live with. That way, you avoid spreading the virus to other people on the train, at work or other places.
For those of you travelling – keep this in mind:
- You should only travel if you are healthy and symptom-free.
- If you are hesitant to travel, for your own sake or for the sake of others, don't travel.
- Keep your distance to your fellow travellers when you get off and on the train, while standing in line to the toilet.
- You are welcome to visit our restaurant "The Pub". If you want to enjoy hot food, drink beer och wine, you must book a table in advance. We also sell coffee, tea, soft drinks, water, sandwiches, salads, snacks and candy that you can bring with you to your seat.
All seats in booking domestic Sweden from July 15th
From July 15th there are no longer any restrictions for long distance rail for domestic services in Sweden and all seats will be availbe for booking. This means that you can get someone sitting next to you. If you have bought a non-rebookable ticket threw a sales agent, we offer you a voucher if you would rather cancel your trip. If you want to have an empty seat next to you, you can choose to buy or rebook (rebooking is only possible if you bought the ticket via Snälltåget.se) to our Together ticket, but must then buy a ticket for 2 people, but then get a 50% discount on the chair next to you.
Applicable travel advices for cross border between Sweden, Denmark and Germany
Keep in mind that the situation may change.
Travel to Sweden from Denmark and Germany
- Test is requirired for entering Sweden (at least until Augusti 31). The test can be of the antigen- or PCR-type and must be taken for a maximum of 48 hours at the time of entry and be issued as a travel certificate in English, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or French. More information. If you're a Swedish citizen or lives in Sweden, no test is needed. If you travel from Denmark to Sweden, no test is needed. No test is needed for children under the age of 18.
- Fully vaccinated and recovered after a positive test for Covid-19 within 6 months will also be valid for entering Sweden.
Travel to Denmark (and transit Denmark)
- Test is requrired for entering Denmark. The test can be of the antigen- or PCR-type and must be taken for a maximum of 48 (72 hors PCR) hours at the time of entry and be issued as a travel certificate. No test is needed for children under the age of 18. Fully vaccinated and persons that has tested postive for Covid-19 in the last 8 months are allowed to enter without test, but most have documentation of vaccination or positive test.
Travel to Germany from Sweden and Denmark
No test is needed when entering from Sweden (from 2021-07-18).
If you're entering Denmark, this applies:
- An entry registration must be made. You will receive this as a PDF that you must take with you on the trip and show to the train staff during ticket inspection.
- Test is required. The test can be of the antigen or PCR type. You can take the Test before entring Germany and then you don't have to go to quarantine and make a test on arrival. If you take the test before entering Germany, the test must be taken at maximum of 48 hours at the time of entry and be issued as a travel certificate in English or German. Children under the age of 7 are exempt from the requirement for a test. The test result must be attached to the entry registration.
In Denmark, (valid from 14/06/2021) requirements for wearing face masks applies when you get on and off the train and when you walk around in the train. When you sit down or are in your Private Compartment, you don't need to wear a mask.
In Germany, requirements for medical oral protection of type FFP2 applies throughout the trip. If you buy a private compartment, you don't need to use face mask when you are inside your compartment and close the door to the compartment.
In Sweden there is no rekommendations wearing face masks.